This agreement by and between East Flint Church of the Nazarene (EFN) located at 3515 N Belsay Rd, Flint, MI 48506
And User: _________________________ – (User’s address) ____________________________________________________
will take effect on ______________________ ______and will continue for a period of _____________________________________.
WHEREAS, Owner (EFN) owns premises located at 3515 N Belsay Rd, Flint, MI 48506 which is normally used for
CHURCH ACTIVITES , and WHEREAS, User desires to use the BASEBALL/SOFTBALL FIELD for the purpose of ______________________________________________________________________________________________, and WHEREAS, EFN has agreed to allow User to use the facilities provided that the following terms and conditions are met.
It is Therefore Agreed By and Between the Parties:
1. Owner agrees to let User use the above described premises for the above described purpose on ________________________________ (unless there is a church function or a prior engagement, then another day can be worked out). Adam Kile or Pastor Mike Graham is the contact person for EFN and _______________________________ is the contact person for User to coordinate the details of usage.
2. Fee Agreement. User agrees to pay EFN _______________________________________ for the use of the premises. In consideration for the benefit of using Owner’s facilities, User agrees to abide by all the terms and conditions of use described in this agreement.
3. User agrees that it will not use the premises for any unlawful purposes, and will obey all laws, rules, and regulations of all governmental authorities while using the above described facilities.
4. User agrees that it will not use the premises for any purpose that is contrary to the mission, purpose or belief of the EFN, which is a biblically-based religious institution.
5. User agrees to abide by any rules or regulations for the use of the premises that are attached to this agreement, such as no tobacco use or alcohol on the church property.
6. User agrees to hold harmless, indemnify and defend EFN (including EFN’s agents, employees, and representatives) from any and all liability for injury or damage including, but not limited to, bodily injury, personal injury, emotional injury, or property damage which may result from any person using the above described premises, its entrances and exits, and surrounding areas, for User’s purposes, regardless of whether such injury or damage results from the negligence of EFN (including EFN’s agents, employees and representatives) or otherwise.
7. User agrees to be responsible for preparing for use and returning to the pre-use condition all areas of the premises which User will use, including entrances and exits. As well as conducting a visual inspection of the premises, including entrances and exits, prior to each use, and warrants that the premises will be used only if it is in a safe condition.
8. This agreement may be cancelled unilaterally by either party with 14 days written notice to the other party.
In the event that EFN must cancel this agreement, User will be entitled to any deposit User has paid. However, in no event will
EFN be liable to User for any lost profits or incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of User’s inability
to use the above described premises, even if Owner has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. User agrees that it will not assign any of its rights under this agreement, and any such assignment will void this agreement at the sole option of the Owner.
10. EFN and User agree that any disputes arising under this agreement will be resolved via a mutually acceptable alternative dispute resolution process. If Owner and User cannot mutually agree upon such a process, the dispute will be submitted to a three-member arbitration panel of the American Arbitration Association for final resolution.
USER: _________________________________ (Print Name)